Welcome to the official Website of the St. Martin de Porres General Hospital Njinikom
ABOUT St. Martin de Porres Hospital Njinikom
As history holds it, the St. Martin de Porres Catholic General Hospital Njinikom in the North West Region of Cameroon was created in 1953. It started with a small maternity by Sr. Camila Gaier – TSSF, who was the pioneer matron. From 1953 to 1963, it operated just a maternity and a dispensary with sole goal being to reduce infant and maternal morbidity and mortality. As the standard of health care kept a steady rise, there was need to raise the status of the hospital.
In March 13th 1963, the hospital was blessed by Bishop Jules Peters, then Bishop of the Buea Diocese. Latter that same year, Cameroon’s first president, H.E President Amadou Ahijjo travelled to Njinikom by road and inaugurated the hospital in April 17, 1963. From then till date, the hospital took a new name: St. Martin de Porres Hospital.
This health facility is second in Boyo Division and enjoys status of high renown as it is well known for its orthopaedic surgeries. For more than 20 years now, the hospital has enjoyed good relationship with national and international teams from Holland, Belgium, the Netherlands, England and the United States of America.